cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue exporting custom windows as IFC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am a BIM-researcher but a beginner in using the software. I just created a custom window in AC16 using the Slab tool and Library and Objects>Save Selection as... (Fig 1). In AC, everything looks fine (Fig 2&3). When I export my walls and windows through selecting them>Save as IFC (General Translator), windows are there, but there is no opening for them in the IFC model (Fig 4).

How can I solve it? Am I constructing the window wrongly or there is some problem with the IFC export?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

Eduardo Rolon
If I remember correctly that is/was a Bug in 16 don't know if it was fixed. Check that you have the updates for 16.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your hint Eduardo,

I installed the last updates for ArchiCAD 16 and now have another problem: When I try to start the program, I receive a message: "ArchiCAD could not be launched because the following adds-on are missing: MEP modeller. In order for ArchiCAD to start, these add-ons must be placed in this folder:...".

I checked the folder and learned that the "MEP Modeler" folder already exists there and contains an "MEP Modeler.apx" file. I also restarted the computer and ArchiCAD, but it didn't help.

Do you have any clue to solve the new problem?

Eduardo Rolon
Usually you don't need to uninstall a hotfix in order to install a new one.

I think that these steps should fix the problem:

1. Download the MEP add-on from https://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/MEP/index.html

2. Install MEP

3. Reapply the last Hotfix.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Anonymous
Not applicable
I downloaded and executed "MEP Modeler Downloads for ArchiCAD 16" > "INT for Windows" and installed it at C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16\Add-Ons.

I was though not sure about which hotfix to apply this time, since I had used the "Check for Updates" command in ArchiCAD the previous time, which is not available now since ArchiCAD doesn't start. Therefore, I examined the most recent one for AC16, "Hotfix 5 - build 4010".

While running the hotfix, I got the message "The installed ArchiCAD found at location C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16 has already been updated. Running ArchiCAD again results in an interrupted start and a "Graphisoft Bug Reporter" window.

Then I tried an earlier one, "Hotfix 4 - build 3827" which results in the message "The installed ArchiCAD found at location C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 16 is newer than this Hotfix".

Any further advice?

Eduardo Rolon
Out of ideas here. The quick options I see is to uninstall AC16 and reinstall it and MEP, verify that it runs and then apply the patch.

Here's a link to the patches.

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/hotfixes/index.html
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions