Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Issues when reading material thickness from walls in Solibri

felcunha
Expert
Hello all,

I'm experiencing issues on reading the material thickness in Solibri, from .ifc models exported from Archicad 21.
When opened in Solibri, the thickness are shown as 0 if the model is exported as Extruded/revolved with jonctions.
If the model is exported without jonctions the thickness are shown correctly.
I've tested with IFC2x3 et IFC4.

In AC20 the model shows ok.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
12 REPLIES 12
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I did some tests.

In the first post in this thread, felcunha said that it works fine if he turns "without junctions" on. That is indeed true, because that means that Priority Based Connections will be removed, and each element will be exported plain and simple.

But in jameshart's case, it is indeed caused by the SEO on that wall (so just turning junctions off won't help, sorry I wasn't clear about this). There is an option above this one that is related to Solid Element Operations (and the one you linked the article about). This actually controls Solid Element Operations and cuts/trims as well. Here you have the option to export as BREP (for perfect representation) or extruded/revolved. Unfortunately because of some limitations of IFC, elements that have SEOs applied to them can't be exported as 'standardCase' Wall with either settings. The Reference guide (and the article you linked from it) is not really clear about this behavior, so I let the responsible person know, and we will try to correct this.

So, those walls will only go out as standard case wall (and thus having all the necessary skin thickness information) if you remove the SEOs prior to export.

I hope it is clearer now.
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
jameshart
Newcomer
Ok, that makes much more sense; thank you Daniel!
ArchiCAD 22 (6021 USA Full), 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W iMac Pro, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.14, AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64
felcunha
Expert
Hello,
I've read the answers, I hope this will be addressed in the future !
But I've hotlinked the same ifc (generated by AC with extrusion with and without junctions) in AC21 and the walls are shown as building element proxies in the IFC manager... is that correct ?
(they're shown correctly in the walls options dialog...)
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey