BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Joined, Unsent Changes

Anonymous
Not applicable
More descriptive topic name than "erratic behavior." The behavior is pretty consistent for me. Opening a project that is used regularly, the status often shows as "Joined, Unsent changes." This occurs after sending and receiving, and after Release All and Send and Receive. I notice however, that Local Data Manager does not show unsent changes, so that may be an alternate way to check.

The false message makes some difference, if one wants to leave the project, since the report occurs that there are unsent changes. Also, it appears that one workstation will "know" that unsent changes are reported elsewhere, so there are then the messages about going to the other workstation (or user account) to send changes before Leaving the project at this workstation. Of course the user can override (ignore) the message, so the job gets done. It just requires fruitless checking to determine that the message probably is spurious.
1 REPLY 1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
didrik wrote:
More descriptive topic name than "erratic behavior." The behavior is pretty consistent for me. Opening a project that is used regularly, the status often shows as "Joined, Unsent changes." This occurs after sending and receiving, and after Release All and Send and Receive. I notice however, that Local Data Manager does not show unsent changes, so that may be an alternate way to check.
This was brought up here. Although I have never had a problem with it myself, GS did mention that it is a bug that is due to be fixed.
didrik wrote:
The false message makes some difference, if one wants to leave the project, since the report occurs that there are unsent changes. Also, it appears that one workstation will "know" that unsent changes are reported elsewhere, so there are then the messages about going to the other workstation (or user account) to send changes before Leaving the project at this workstation. Of course the user can override (ignore) the message, so the job gets done. It just requires fruitless checking to determine that the message probably is spurious.
Would you mind uploading a screenshot of the message about going to the other workstation to send changes? I'm not sure I recall that one.

Spurious - love that.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!