Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

LCF File Permission problem

fuzzytnth3
Booster
We use an Office Standard Library called AMA Elements AC13.lcf today I modified a Library object within an extracted version of this Library then created a new LCF file and uploaded it to our Server (a Mac Xserve running X Server 10.5.6) I then used BIM Library Manager and refreshed to update the Library.

When I tried joining a Project I got an error saying "Server Error unable to load Library" (or something like that) and it gave me the option to "Retry or Cancel" after a couple of tries I canceled and quit ArchiCAD 13. I then deleted the TW data from my local Library/Application Support folder and tried opening the Project again. This time the library loaded and everything was looking fine until I tried to edit an object within my AMA Elements AC13.lcf library to discover that all the objects in it were now Read Only.

When I checked my extracted version the permissions were set only for me to read/write while "staff" and "everyone" had permissions of "none". So I used Server Admin app to correct the permissions and made a new lcf file based on that but again no go despite the permissions of the new lcf file being read/write for all users.

Anyone know how I can fix or get round this thanks in advance
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
2 REPLIES 2
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have a temporary solution and that was to load the Extracted version of the Library (with the corrected permissions).

First I had to reserve the messed up lcf Library and remove it from the Project by using the manage BIM Server Libraries... command. Then I had to Upload the extracted Library to the BIM Server

Next I had to reload the Library in the Project you have to click on one of those sneaky tucked away Graphisoft buttons/commands

To get it to add the Library to the Project. But really I would like to keep this Office Library as an lcf as it stops anyone from editing objects without my knowledge and or control.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
fuzzytnth3,

a bit off the topic I apologise...
your signature shows AC13 with a wrong build number (13.003 is a version of the file format).

GS has actually moved info about versions into Help/License Information... it should show a build number something like 3000+
::rk