BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

LT2004 DWG translation

Richard Swann
Booster
We have been asked by a client to translate our ArchiCAD files into Autocad LT2004 compatible files.
Does anybody know what is compatible with LT2004? we only have R14 and R2000 translation plugins, is there a 2004 plugin?
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD and PlotMaker do not yet support the 2004 format. If your client insists that AutoCAD 2000 is not good enough (there is no reason it should matter - but they're the ones signing the checks), then your best bet is probably to buy a copy of AutoCAD LT 2004 to convert the files. This is not such a bad idea anyway. When I send DWGs to clients or consultants, I like to open them in AutoCAD to make sure I'm happy with the results.
Richard Swann
Booster
Thanks Matthew
We are an office of macs so LT wuld require a hard and software investment. My query is whether LT2004 can read DWG 2000 files? I would assume so but read recently that Autodesk had deliberately limited the interchange with previous versions to 'persuade' users to upgrade, along with a deadline for upgrading before users had to pay the full wack for a new version!
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
Thanks Matthew
We are an office of macs so LT wuld require a hard and software investment. My query is whether LT2004 can read DWG 2000 files? I would assume so but read recently that Autodesk had deliberately limited the interchange with previous versions to 'persuade' users to upgrade, along with a deadline for upgrading before users had to pay the full wack for a new version!
I honestly don't know about the LT file issues. I would hope that it could at least read 2000.

AutoCAD did run in Virtual PC two years ago when I last tried it, so there is a pretty good likelihood that LT will now. Alternatively, there are probably some serviceable PCs being used as door stops that you could snag for cheap.
Djordje
Ace
Richard wrote:
My query is whether LT2004 can read DWG 2000 files?
It will; save as 2000 and your consultant will not notice anything.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Richard wrote:
My query is whether LT2004 can read DWG 2000 files?
It will; save as 2000 and your consultant will not notice anything.
If your consultants return files to you, be certain that they send you 2000 or earlier. AC8.1 will not read anything from ACAD in 2004 format.
Learn and get certified!