Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Label IfcAssemblies

marcdankers75
Participant

Hi everybody,

I would like to show (on a plan view) the assembly number of steel profiles from an imported IFC.

the property is called "tag" and is a property of the IfcAssembly (in the TeklaCommon Pset)

I can see the assemblies (and related properties) in the Ifc project manager, but I cannot label them.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

Here is the relevant property as seen in the Ifc Project Manager, and below a screenshot of the assembly (which is composed of a beam and several morphs, conveniently grouped in Archicad after import)

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-22 194339.png

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-22 194410.png

thanks in advance!

Marc Dankers

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

In the IFC Translators Dialog, select a Translator for Import and click on Property Mapping.

Then you will see that IFC Properties can be mapped to Archicad Properties on import.

There are already some import Pre-Sets at the top so you will see how the fields need to be set.

IFCImport-PropertyMapping.png

I am not sure this will work though (I have not tried it myself) because this talks about mapping IFC Properties and the "Tag" field you want to import is listed under Attributes. So you will have to try and see if that Attribute also imports and maps to an Archicad Property.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mscott
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The Classifications and Properties label can label the "Tag" Ifc Property see below:

tag.png

marcdankers75
Participant

Hi Laszlo and Mscott,

Thanks for the tips!

I know how to import/map the parameter and use the Classifications and Properties label.

The problem is that the relevant "tag" parameter is only in the IfcAssembly, not in its components. I cannot label the original assembly, although the assembly and its parameters is visible in the Ifc Manager after import.

I don't think we can solve this issue. For now, I have created a workaround by importing the dwg export from the relevant floor plan by the steel engineer.

best regards,

Marc