Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Lamp with Text in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I "Find and Select" a lamp based on its "Text in 2D" as a selection criterion. Second, how can I include the "Text in 2D" in the schedule criteria? Thanks.

Lamp.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh:

You will need to add that parameter. Under Scheme Settings > Fields: click the downward pointing arrow next to "Add" and select Add Object Parameters. Find the Object (Lamp) you are using and you will see its parameters under Available Parameters. In this case I think the parameter you want is near the bottom of the list: Variable = txt, Type = abc, Name = Text (I had to guess to find this, but it was near the "Text in 2D" Name). Click ">>Add>>" after finding the desired parameter, and it will show up in the Schedule Fields.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

Thanks a lot. It worked, but I was still curious about this: Once the "Text in 2D" is added, can it be a Find and Select criterion. I know I can use the Element ID as a selection criterion, but I am just curious about doing so with the Text in 2D.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cheikh:

This criteria cannot be added to Find & Select, but you can make selections using the Interactive Schedule, in the Help files see: Views of the Virtual Building > ArchiCAD Model Views > Interactive Schedule > Editing and Updating Schedule Items.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David, thank you again.