BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layers for All Occasions !!! without being too complex.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently set-up a company standard layering convention (AC10) that was based around the previous office standard (AC9) set up by my predecessor. The reason I've had to do this is because all of the users have complained that it is 'far to complex'.

My problem is that we are a multi-disciplined practise and most of our projects demand a certain layering convention. I'd like to create a basic set of layers and then include project specific layers.

I understand the theory, however I would like an idea of a simple method of applying and maintaining it efficiently.
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
You don't give us a lot to go on...

What did your layers look like?

Was it your standard that they felt is too complex? Or the standard you are revising was too complex? Either way, why did the staff feel the standard was too complex?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
The users felt that is was too complex, because it tried to combine different layers for different scales, as well as, different projects. See attached file, that shows original layers from AC9.
TomWaltz
Participant
What attached file?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason, I'm having an issue with attaching an image file. I will email the file to you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for all your help TomWaltz. We're successfully created a basic system that everyone is happy with.

Many thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
what was the soloution?
i'm interested, too
Learn and get certified!