Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Layout Index

Bruce
Expert
I'm trying to create (what I thought was) a simple drawing index to sit at the front of my drawing set.

The column headings would be
1. Drawing number (Layout ID)
2. Revision (Current Revision ID)
3. Date (Issued Date)
4. Drawing Name (Layout Name)
5. Scale (Drawing Scales)
6. Notes (Custom text 1)

First attempt was to create a Layouts Project Index. Sounds logical. I can get it pretty close, but it doesn't allow me to add column 3 (Issued Date). Weird.

Never mind, I notice that I can create an Issue Contents Project Index. I might be able to get what I want here. It allows me to add ALL the columns (excellent), but:
- formats the date with a time stamp (only want the date, please), and,
- lists the scale of every drawing on every layout - regardless if they are the same or not. This is weird too, as the Layouts Project Index combines similar scales.

Hmm.

Anyone know how to:
1. Add the Issued Date field to a Layouts Project Index, OR
2. Format the Issued Date field in a Issue Contents Project Index, AND
3. Combine similar scales in the same

??
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
2 REPLIES 2
Bruce
Expert
I would say no one knows.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Missed your post. What we've done is add the issue date and change dates as a Layout info scheme parameter. You can set these per layout and schedule them in the index.

I don't like going by system date for issues and changes, ussually we decide on one date for all our documentation and it hardly ever is the current date.

These also become autotext, so you can add them to your title blocks.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5