BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Leaving Archicad on at night

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All, I tried searching but didnt find what I was looking for. The situation is in our office we have four computers connected to a bim server on a mac mini that also houses the license keys. One of the users usually forgets to quit archicad at night or some time for the whole weekend.

So my question is is it bad to leave Archicad running?

If so is there a way to force someone to leave if it has been idle for a certain amount of time?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Is it a WIBU or Codemeter network key?

I'm not sure about Codemeter but with the WIBU key there is a way to 'time out' the license if it has not been used for a certain period.
I believe the default is set to 24 hours but I can't remember if this feature is activated by default or not.
Also I can not remember if you have to set this just on the server machine or the individual users machine as well.

Open the WIBU key settings dialogue and refer to the attached image.
This will not shut down Archicad for the user but it will give them a message to say the license can no longer be found and it should free up the license for others.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. We have the codemeter key, which from what I found does not have the same options for the server tap on the web manager.
Learn and get certified!