Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Leaving my current position

TomWaltz
Participant
Hey everyone

A lot of you know me as the CAD Manager for Kitchen & Associates, a 50-person architectural firm just outside Philadelphia. I had the distinct honor of transitioning 25 people at that firm from Arris on Unix to Archicad on Mac. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my career. The end result, though, was working in a new and exciting world of BIM, and worth all of it.

Now the time has come for me to leave K&A.

I won't be leaving Archicad, though. I'll be moving to an even bigger challenge: I've accepted a position as BIM Operations Manager at a much larger firm, one of the largest Archicad-using firms out there with 400+ employees and about 200 seats of Archicad.

A couple of their people have posted here on the forums (like Rob "Pivoarch" Pivovarnick). From the level of questions, you could tell that this firm knew what it was doing in Archicad. Seeing it in person, they were even more impressive than I imagined.

I'm hoping to still be involved here on the forums. It's where I got help on my early days of Archicad (early 2003) and I want to keep giving back.

(and by the way, I'll be looking for good Archicad users, if anyone in Central Jersey is interested....)

-Tom
Tom Waltz
19 REPLIES 19
Erika Epstein
Booster
Congratulations Tom! Well Done.

Like others, I hope you will still keep participating in the forum. Your insight and experience has been a boon to all of us.

Erika
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too appreciate your help! Its been great having you as a virtual support system in a city where there isn't much support and BIM is just begining to find its proper place. It doesn't seem as though you need much luck considering your skill set! Nonetheless, it never hurts so best of luck!
Djordje
Ace
PivoArch wrote:
Actually, we are looking for any good ArchiCAD users pretty much everywhere, Princeton, Atlanta, NYC, DC, San Fran, London, and possibly Dubia.
You of course mean Dubai? Let me know ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think he means Dubya. Here in the US we're all living there but I'm counting down the days until we can move someplace better.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do mean Dubai...so feel free to contact me if you are interested, Architects or Just production.
Jefferson
Participant
Good Luck to you Tom!

Chazz, thanks for the levity! Sometimes you're so screwed all you can do is laugh...........for 7+ years it's felt like that! Removing this blight will be more than welcome 'round the world.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Djordje
Ace
Chazz wrote:
I think he means Dubya. Here in the US we're all living there but I'm counting down the days until we can move someplace better.

Around here, the word is that the name really is DoBuy 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Jefferson
Participant
No point in printing what we call him 'round here..........you censor guys and all
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

I'm Antoine Lacronique, architect writing you from Paris France.
Right now i'm looking to relocate in Dubai, SanFrancisco, LA or NYC, all at the same time could be an option!
I do not have a work VISA for US yet.
Been ArchiCAD and Art Lantis user for more than 10 years and trainer since 2001, former Abvent Industrie, GDL Technology representant since year 2000.
I'm also author of www.cateonline.fr 1500 GDL objects

I can do architecture, 2D/3D, renderings, animation, sales, marketing CAD training, custumised CAD development or online sales tools, CDROM/DVD.

call me or mail resume available www.coroflot.com/architone

+33 6 24 32 30 13

17 rue de St Petersbourg 75008 Paris
mailto:al@cateonline.fr

Cat-e
www.cateonline.fr
Manufacturer CAD
electronic catalog
Anonymous
Not applicable
Congratulations, Tom!

I do hope this new job will let you have enough time to share it with us in the forum! I would really gonna miss your help and critiques!

Good luck!

PivoArch, Bulgaria is too far, isn't it? 😉