BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Library Part Name in Archicad Window/Door Schedule

reidweber
Enthusiast
Is there any option out there for displaying the Library Part Name differently on a window schedule? Currently you see something like 'W Casement 22'. which doesn't provide the clearest/simplest form of information which is that it's a Casement Window. It can be confusing for contractors. I looked in the "add fields" categories under 'Schemes' in the schedule and can't find any field that simplifies the windows name. What are the options if any that still keep the "smart" qualities of the file (i.e. no needing to manually type in each window type)? If no options are available, it'd be nice for Archicad to provide a simpler name to their Library parts so we can just use those as is.

Thanks in advance.
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I am saying is that you should pick the "Window Test" Property to be scheduled, and not "Library Part Name" Property. The "Window Test" Property contains the value you need.
After it is scheduled, you will be able to modify its Header Name to something more descriptive.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
poco2013
Mentor
I suppose you could use a expression to "intercept" the library Part Name using the General property and write the new wording to a property created to hold such changes, if it was one you wanted to change.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
reidweber
Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply poco2013, where can I enter an expression under the General property?
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
WINDOWS PC, 16GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHZ, NVIDIA GEForce GTX 970, ASUS, CM6870, Rev X.0x
poco2013
Mentor
If you create an expression within the "Property Manager" Under the available Properties, will be a folder titled General Properties. Within it will be a property labeled"Library Part Name' which will return the name of any library Part.

Before you do that, you should review the Graphisoft help section on Expressions (property Manager) to get the procedure right. I believe there may also be some videos on this in YouTube.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
reidweber
Enthusiast
Okay thank you, that'll help get me on track.
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The following image shows how you can do this.
What the following expression does is find the position in the default "Library Part Name" string where the version number (in our case "23") start, takes 2 positions before that (which is where the library part name ends), and takes only the LEFT part of the string that ends at that position. This way you can strip the space and the version number from the end of the Library Part Name.
LEFT ( {Property:General Parameters/Library Part Name}, FIND ( "23", {Property:General Parameters/Library Part Name}, 1 ) - 2 )
reidweber
Enthusiast
Hello Laszlo, thank you for the reply.

I've added that expression into the expression editor after I created a new property. It tried matching your settings exactly based upon your screenshot ( I am in A22, so I changed the number to 22 instead of 23). For some reason it is not changing the 'Library Part Name" parameter in the window schedule. Is there another step I'm missing? I've tried it with all of the "Classifications" ("All, None, Custom") in the lower right under Property Manager dialogue box. Also, tried going through most of Archicad's videos on this topic and they're all very high level and pretty basic. Any help or references would be much appreciated.
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
runxel
Legend
Did you update the IA to have your new expression listed?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
reidweber
Enthusiast
What does IA stand for?
ArchiCAD 24, 25 & 26 US
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
IA = Inter Active? (Schedule?)

You need to schedule the "Window Test" Property, the original "Library Part Name" Property will return the same value.
Also, the "Window Test" Property is available to "None". Make it available for "Window" Classifications, like on my screenshot.
Learn and get certified!