Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Library objects not showing without library being missing

So, the problem is as follows: In a specific machine (Mac mini) suddenly, the AC 24 library although doesn't appear to be missing from the Library Manager, has all of its instances placed missing (they appear as dots)
If the same user logs from a different machine, all objects appear OK. I tried leaving and rejoining, removing and adding the library, but had no luck In the same machine if a different user logs in the objects appear missing again.
So I guess its a machine specific issue, but I cannot find a solution. I deleted all the Graphisoft cache files and folders, but the problem insists.

What to do??
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kaique Baeta
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Achille,

I am sorry for the experience, thank you very much for sharing the problem.

First of all, I would like to ask you a question. Are the others computers are in the same place and the same network as the problematic one?

Secondly, I recommend you try doing the preference cleaning. Please follow these steps:
1 - Send all your not sent modifications in every project (preference cleaning will delete them if you do not send it);
2 - Delete the following folders and files:
~/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/AC 24.0.0 INT v1
~/Library/Preferences/com.Graphisoft.AC 24.0.0 INT v1.plist
~/Library/Caches/Graphisoft
~/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft
3 - Start Archicad
4 - Close Archicad
5 - Start Archicad again and try to reproduce the issue
6 - Open the library manager

Please make sure to export all your customized data and to write down your BIMcloud address, user, and password. This process will erase this information. You may find more information about preference cleaning here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25464/

If these steps do not solve your problem, please send us the support package, so we can investigate your issue deeply. I will send you a link in Private Message.
You may find how to do it here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25480/

I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Kaíque
Kaíque Baêta Cruz
Technical Services Team
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Any help appreciated!

The problem still persists and I cannot find any solution to it! I have resorted to uninstalling and re-installing AC 24 from the computer (MacMini) but still nothing. When opening a teamwork project, all objects placed from Archicad Library 24 appear missing on floor plan and on the Library Loading Report, but on the Library Manager the Archicad 24 Library appears to have 0 instances placed!

Also the size of the Library differs, see attached screenshot. On the left the Library Manager from another computer, and on the right the Library Manager with the missing library.
The screenshot
Barry Kelly
I don't use teamwork so I can't help much there.
But it appears from the size that the libraries are indeed different libraries.
I can't make out the blue text for the library location in the left image - are you sure the location is the same.

Even if the location is different I would have thought it would load the library which it seems to be doing as they don't say "Missing".

The other libraries all have a cloud icon but the one you hare having trouble with has a hexagon.
Not using teamwork I have no idea why this is so.
I can't make out the icon in the left image if it is the same or not - looks more like a cloud to me?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
It appears they are different, but they cannot possibly be different because this is a Teamwork project where a library is either free for reservation or belongs to a user, and it is the same for everyone working on the project.

I'm attaching more screenshots where you can clearly see that the location is the same. The icon on the right changes (for some reason) when you click on it. When it is not selected it shows as a cloud, and changes to a hexagon when it is selected.

The other libraries of the project, that are also on the same location, all load correctly. For example the Archicad Migration Libraries have the same size and same number of placed objects and instances.

This thing happens to this particular computer when using TW. The same user logging from a different computer doesn't have the problem.
Attaching more screenshots because this is really a serious problem.

We have a workstation invalidated because of this.

In the attached screenshots you can see that the libraries appear to be the same on different computers, and the BIMcloud server
Solution
Kaique Baeta
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Achille,

I am sorry for the experience, thank you very much for sharing the problem.

First of all, I would like to ask you a question. Are the others computers are in the same place and the same network as the problematic one?

Secondly, I recommend you try doing the preference cleaning. Please follow these steps:
1 - Send all your not sent modifications in every project (preference cleaning will delete them if you do not send it);
2 - Delete the following folders and files:
~/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/AC 24.0.0 INT v1
~/Library/Preferences/com.Graphisoft.AC 24.0.0 INT v1.plist
~/Library/Caches/Graphisoft
~/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft
3 - Start Archicad
4 - Close Archicad
5 - Start Archicad again and try to reproduce the issue
6 - Open the library manager

Please make sure to export all your customized data and to write down your BIMcloud address, user, and password. This process will erase this information. You may find more information about preference cleaning here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25464/

If these steps do not solve your problem, please send us the support package, so we can investigate your issue deeply. I will send you a link in Private Message.
You may find how to do it here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/25480/

I will be looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Kaíque
Kaíque Baêta Cruz
Technical Services Team
GRAPHISOFT
Thanks Kaique, I did what you suggested and the problem was solved!
Foti
Enthusiast

Ela Achille

I may be experiencing something similar, I have a linked library for objects for this specific work. In the manager everything is there, but when I go and try to load an object only half of the objects are there, no matter how many times i update and reload the library.  It is a single work project. Was this something similar to your issue? resolved?

Foti

AC25, pc

Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000