BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Library part not loading AC13 teamwork

Anonymous
Not applicable
We've had a library part that we've used for quite a few years. It's called "lumber plywood" and I believe it's a GDL part, it does not have .GSM after the file name (not sure if that matters or what that means).

Any-who, its loaded and stayed loaded successfully in all other projects, but for some reason when I create a teamwork project in AC13 and it moves the library to an embedded/teamwork library, it goes missing. Yesterday I noticed it was missing, manually re-found it, and it loaded ok. Then this morning, I come in and I notice it's missing in the library report. I tried to re-load to no avail. See the attached picture. It seems to be in the embedded library but still missing. It's also in the ArchiCAD Library 12 folder, so I don't know why it's not showing up.

Please help as I am still very unfamiliar with how the embedded library/teamwork library works.

I liked the old more simple way!

library manager.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
When you open the library part
cmd/crtl+ shift+O on a selected library part
or
File Libraries & Objects> Open Object

and click on the various script window tabs. At the top of each window there is now a 'Check Script' button. When you click on it, do you get any error messages?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to open the lumber plywood part through the process you describe, it does nothing. I click on the part, click open and nothing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it matter that it's in the embedded library?
Erika Epstein
Booster
If you can't place a selectable instance while in TW2, then open the part in a non-teamwork AC13 file.

It sounds more as though the library part is not loaded correctly in TW2.
Is the part on your BIMserver?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
It opens fine in regular AC13. Once I changed the file to a teamwork it was there working fine too. It only disappeared when I closed the program and went home for the evening. I came in the next day, it was missing. So I reloaded it, and it showed up again, but for some reason, every time we close the project it goes missing again, even though as you see from my first post, it's showing in the library manager.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is on the BIM server, yes.

I removed and reloaded the BIM server library, which has the part in it, and nothing changed. It still shows a dot where the part should be, indicating that it's missing.
Learn and get certified!