Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Light fixture legend

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating a legend for my electrical plan using the interactive schedule. The problem is, if I don't select 'Show uniform items as a single entry', I get duplicates, but if I do, I only get ONE kind of light ( a recessed spot ).

I have in fact 3 types of light on my plan, why couldn't it recognize them by their 2D symbol? They have DIFFERENT 2D symbols! So does this mean I have to add an unneeded schedule field as to distinguish between different types of light fixtures?
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Yep. I normally use the ID field
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Barry Kelly
Yes you will need something unique in your fields.
Although the 2D symbol looks unique to us Archicad just sees it as a 2D symbol.

I am assuming you have one object that can show different lights.
Using the object name is no good as it is obviously the same for all 3 lights.
But in the object you must be setting a parameter to choose a particular light.
So use that parameter in you fields.
Or as Eduardo suggested use the ID and make sure each light (or each type of light) has a unique ID.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I dunno how you guys do it, but I plan to do it this way: Add the ID field, or light intensity field ( I found out that it works too, since I assigned them different values ), then when placing it on the layout, I add a white fill to cover the unwanted fields...
Barry Kelly
I guess it depends what you want to see in your schedule.
I have one object that can do all electrical items.
It has a parameter that is set automatically in the object depending on the type of electrical fitting so that I can group the schedule by using this as part of the heading (you don't have to do this).

The parameter in the object that I use to choose the type of fitting is descriptive enough for me to use it in the schedule as my description in the legend.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11