Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Lineweight Translation for IFC HLM

lparke
Contributor
I've brought in a Revit Structural model via IFC as a hotlink module. After some back and forth translation issues between Revit reference planes vs Archicad Stories I think we have it. However, as a HLM I cannot adjust pen colors. I can do this with Graphic Overrides globally but when looking at the model in the Archicad section view I want the cut elements to be a heavier pen than the contour/outline pen when the element is beyond. Is there a way to achieve this?
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this may be possible to do with the combination of an additional Pen Set in which the Pen Weights are made heavier, and Graphic Overrides. When defining Graphic Override Rules, when specifying the Override Style, you have the option to override only the Pen color, or both Pen Color and Weight.
But it would be best if you could post a few screenshots of the current state of the file and the desired state as well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27