Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

List Schemes don't save

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have set up several List Schemes so that I can begin getting a list of my elements. After going through the various dialog setup windows (in Calculate > Set Up List Schemes) I click OK, then get an error message "Cannot Write Output File". At this point I can still go to Calculate > List Elements > "my list scheme" and get a nice list. BUT if I were to quit the application, then "my list scheme" is no longer available. I then have to start the process completely over.
What am I missing? Shouldn't "my list scheme" be saved with the file?
Please help.
Ron
3 REPLIES 3
Rick Thompson
Expert
It has been too many years, and I just don't remember exactly how I set it up... but you should make your own folder that contains your altered schemes, assemblies, data base etc. I keep mine in "MYlibrary" and it keeps moving with new AC updates. I will post a screen shot incase it might be helpful. If you don't store properly then updating will be a pain. Maybe with a little luck GS will rework the whole thing so it's not so obscure.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
Did you first create a new list scheme file? Do that and then create new component list (etc). That should make a new folder for you. I just added a new component list scheme and it was saved in my "RTplansLISTING" (the folder I made awhile back when I made my own List Scheme). You can open that in simple text and see what's there. If you are running off your own version of AC's library then it will be there.

Hopefully some of the actual users with computer knowledge will respond.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick,
That really helped . . . thanks
Ron