Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

List elements with Multiple SEOs (Solid Element operations)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft recommended reducing the number of SEO's in my file after an audit.

I use them liberally, but in an effort to cleanup the file, I'd like to see a list of the worst offenders.

Is there a way to create a schedule of all the elements with SEOs, and sort it by number of operations?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not that I know of. And no matter how hard I am thinking I cannot come up with a way this could be possible to do.
I was thinking maybe you could schedule the gross and net volume of elements and if there is a difference between the two, maybe figure out which ones participate in SEOs, but I don't know if that would work. Doors, Windows, Openings also reduce the volume of elements, just as Priority Based Connections and Trim to Roof/Shell operation do. That the gross and net volume of an element is not the same does not necessarily mean that the element participates in an SEO.

At this point, I tend to think that you would probably have to write an Add-On using the Archicad API to be able to mine that data out of a project file. And I don't know the API so I don't even know if it would be possible to do there...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jl_lt
Ace
This would be a nice feature to have. Another thing i was thinking the other day is that it would be nice to have a switch to completely turn off the SEO process for computers performance sake.
agroni
Booster
don't want to sound negative, but I think it is about time when Graphisoft says "go crazy on the SEO!!! It will not impact performance!!!!
Many have been waiting for this for a long time
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)
DavorP
Enthusiast

+1 On this! Large files can very quickly slip out of control and it takes very long time to find the SEO causing the issue. Makes the QA impossible!

BIM manager