Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Locating trees from surveyor data & uploading into file

Anonymous
Not applicable
using a Transit today, located 21 trees, and now want to use the surveyor data importe feature, but need to understand how to create the data in the proper form to import it. How do I build the information file in excel...xyz, comma dilenated...what comes first? \

Tried to use the reference book but don't know how to ask it to get to the proper place...what is it that I am asking...
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Below/attached is jpg of progress so far. The red cone represents the Transit. The posts represent trees, but we realized that we located the trees from the Transit to the face closest to it, therefore the file is off by the radius of every tree, so this was class to see if it worked; now will repeat this and add some limitations/specifications to cover this...also plan to shoot a point to the corner of the house for referencce.

This property is located at 1,449 ' elevation, in Santa Cruz, Ca and no redwoods will be cut, but ther sycamore saplings, pines and madrones in the area will have to go as the Barn's size/position will be dictated by the redwood trees.

This took a bit of time, we should have numbered the trees and located the 0,0,0 spot of the transit; learning curve here....
Archimamamia wrote:
using a Transit today, located 21 trees, and now want to use the surveyor data importe feature, but need to understand how to create the data in the proper form to import it. How do I build the information file in excel...xyz, comma dilenated...what comes first? \

Tried to use the reference book but don't know how to ask it to get to the proper place...what is it that I am asking...

Barn2.jpg
nice work!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Archimamamia wrote:
and now want to use the surveyor data importe feature, but need to understand how to create the data in the proper form to import it. How do I build the information file in excel...xyz, comma dilenated...what comes first?
For information about importing surveyor's data and its format see this thread:
Making mesh from map and text values (imported from dwg)

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
My brother and I used a transit to locate trees on his property, but took our readings from the "face" of the tree and forgot to offset by the radius, so when our site "popped" up, it was a bit off. We were using the "Place Mesh from Surveyor's Data" portion of ArchiCAD 16. My question to Graphisoft is that when we "clicked" the "place mesh..." button, first got an Archicad/Graphisoft "can't get there from here" error message, immediately afterwhich the site in 3d showed up... Think this is a bug in 16. I was able to reproduce this error/bug over and over...
David wrote:
Archimamamia wrote:
and now want to use the surveyor data importe feature, but need to understand how to create the data in the proper form to import it. How do I build the information file in excel...xyz, comma dilenated...what comes first?
For information about importing surveyor's data and its format see this thread:
Making mesh from map and text values (imported from dwg)

David

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!