Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Locking Expressions

LGreen
Booster
Hi all,

Is it possible to lock the value of a property expression and prevent custom values?

I've set up a property to show the Height and Width of openings which is then shown in a schedule. Simple enough. However a user can accidentally select the cell, hit space, and it becomes a custom value that no longer changes if the opening is resized. Ideally these should be locked so there's confidence the values are correct. Alternatively, is there a way to schedule which values are 'Default' and which are 'Custom' so the errors can be found and corrected?
Lachlan Green | Architect | Drafter
AusBuild
AC23 & 25 | Windows 10 | Intel 11Gen Core i7 | 2.5GHz | 32GB RAM | Nvidia T1200
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
No unfortunately it is not possible to lock a property.
It may be a good idea to make a wish with a poll for this (I don't remember seeing one).

In the schedule criteria you can search for elements with properties that 'has default value' or 'has custom values' or 'is undefined'.
You can also set up a Graphic Override rule for this so you can highlight them on plan rather than using the schedule.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11