Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Lumber Pack - Archicad 25

keven11
Participant

So far in Archicad 25 the only components that I can get to show up in the lumber pack (under lists/components/lumber pack) are roof elements IF they are made via the Roof Wizard (via roof maker). If I make the same components using the beam command, it will not show up. I make all floor joists / LVLs with beams and would love if I could have a list of quantities / lengths of beams.

Has anyone had any luck with quantifying joists / beams / etc components in their program in the last few updates ? Every forum I search shows issues dating back to Archicad 9.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Is it something to do with their classification?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Rick Thompson
Expert

I do, more or less.  Years ago, before the beam tool was around, I "made" joist from a standard AC object and gave each an id such as 2x10x16.  I then added these to the data base, one by one to pull into a list.  I list and sort by layer and Id, so I get totals per floor, ceiling etc.  The rafters from the Wizard also list.  This was all a struggle for me to figure out as the instructions were very unclear.  The irony here is now AC provided a PDF instruction for making property objects and pulling list in the Help Menu.

Now that GS has shifted from Listing to scheduling I would not recommend trying to set up listing as it is a legacy product and is not being kept healthy.  25 has a very bad bug and you can no longer link a property object to a composite.  I am not skilled with scheduling, but what you seem to want should be easily produced that way.  However, scheduling is a bigger mystery to generate things like number of studs, plate material etc.  Supposedly it can, but I have yet to find sufficient guidance for this.  Basically I think we are between a rock and a hard place for replacing Listing to generate a good material list.  Hopefully GS will provide more functionality and guidance for full listing via scheduling/classifications etc coming up.  But now, we're a bit screwed since Listing is broken, and scheduling will not meet my needs as such.  Sorry, I know this doesn't really help, but to answer your question.. yes, I do get full list of joist, LVL's, rafters plus a whole lot more.  But, it's a dying function and in transition.

If you have not seen this thread, there's a lot of good discussion there >>>. https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Properties-and-Classifications-vs-Listi...

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display

The Lumber pack pre-dates classifications, so does not use that, as far as I know.

Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Barry Kelly

@keven11 wrote:

So far in Archicad 25 the only components that I can get to show up in the lumber pack (under lists/components/lumber pack) are roof elements IF they are made via the Roof Wizard (via roof maker).

These elements will all be objects, and object still work with the old list scheme.

@keven11 wrote:

If I make the same components using the beam command, it will not show up. I make all floor joists / LVLs with beams and would love if I could have a list of quantities / lengths of beams.

I am not sure, but the beam and column tools have be updated and are now 'segmented' beams and columns.

The old beams and columns would have worked with the old list scheme, but the list scheme has not been updated for many years, and I maybe it doesn't work with the new revamped tools.

I know it does not work with the new stair and railing tools for example.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11