Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP Modeler & its Versions..+ Electrical Symbols?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

1. Would like to know, if one has AC14 but the MEP Modeler version 13, by loading the MEP13 object Library will the MEP Objects show up (knowing that they can not be manipulated), so avoiding dots all over the plans?

2. Does it contain Electrical Objects like switches that show on plan as like symbol of $ and on elevations as the true shape?
Thanks,
Joseph
11 REPLIES 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
1. Yes, Or dowload the MEP 14 library, a free upgrade if you own MEP.

2. No.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
1. Yes, Or dowload the MEP 14 library, a free upgrade if you own MEP.

2. No.
1. Just wanted to make sure, if Graphisoft is delayed in a new version of MEP or drops the Add-on completely, can I still see the element vs. missing library parts with dots. Have not bought the Add-on; evaluating.

2. That is a shame, but is there objects around with this capability?
thanks,
Joseph
Erika Epstein
Booster
The MEP parts are library parts and you will see them as such, no dots. The MEP features on these library parts will be disabled when users without an MEP license are working in the file.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Joseph wrote:
2. That is a shame, but is there objects around with this capability?
No, but the Electrigon 2.0 objects can do that (and more). Was a free download, a collaborative effort amongst several guys here, but the download site seems to be gone now. Maybe Andy can post a new link, or put it in the depository.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erich
Contributor
The part is still available. You can find it on Andy's site here plusplus.ca/category/bim/

Since I do not have the MEP Modeler, I am not certain how well the Electrigon will work with it, however, I am certain it can be adapted.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Karl Ottenstein
Erich wrote:
The part is still available. You can find it on Andy's site here plusplus.ca/category/bim/

Since I do not have the MEP Modeler, I am not certain how well the Electrigon will work with it, however, I am certain it can be adapted.
Thanks for posting the new link, Erich!

Shouldn't be a huge deal for making it a routable terminus for MEP ... but I cannot imagine routing power cable to every switch and outlet in a building. I think it is better used as intended, to place outlets and switches and then schedule not only them, but the power loads.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You all for the sound advice and valuable informations.
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have installation instructions for Electrigon? I cannot get it to work. Only the fan will show up under the Light tool. Any help would be appreciated.
Erich
Contributor
For the objects themselves, there is not installation required beyond placing them in a library that gets loaded into the project.

The fan object, as well a a few light objects, are placed with the light tool. The switches are placed with the object tool.

If you have the schedules that Andy produced earlier on, they can be imported into a project as you would any other schedule. However, they are not necessary to the use of the Electrigon objects but supplement them.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K