Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP Product Research

Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear all,

As a Product Manager for MEP related developments I would like to better understand the needs of architects and engineers using our products. Because of this I have compiled the following survey: https://bit.ly/GSMEP.

Responses are more than welcome. I'm also open to any ideas you might have regarding this topic, feel free to provide them here in this topic.

Best regards,
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
97 REPLIES 97
This is a survey worth filling out by architects and MEP professionals using AC MEP. Might I suggest you also prepare a survey for us to share with non AC consultants as I'm certain that their feedback as it relates to collaborating with us on integrated design would be useful for us and for Graphisoft.

M&E consultants in Canada are coming to BIM very slowly. So slow, in fact that one of your clients in Western Canada established their own Mechanical Engineering group. Our offices are working with only two engineering firms that are using BIM at all. The rest make 2D drawings that range from purely schematic plans to ones that show proper equipments, piping and ducting, but only in 2D.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
bouhmidage
Advisor
Good news
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
DGSketcher
Legend
Thank you for asking!!!
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
William Yan
Expert
yes! MEP is very important in BIM. Pipes and ducts need to be very easy to create and modify, and change hight.
AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Aaron wrote:
This is a survey worth filling out by architects and MEP professionals using AC MEP. Might I suggest you also prepare a survey for us to share with non AC consultants as I'm certain that their feedback as it relates to collaborating with us on integrated design would be useful for us and for Graphisoft.

M&E consultants in Canada are coming to BIM very slowly. So slow, in fact that one of your clients in Western Canada established their own Mechanical Engineering group. Our offices are working with only two engineering firms that are using BIM at all. The rest make 2D drawings that range from purely schematic plans to ones that show proper equipments, piping and ducting, but only in 2D.
Hi Aaron,

A survey for non AC consultants would be certainly useful. I targeted the architecture segment with this survey as we have much more users in architecture and could receive enough responses to arrive at conclusions.

I would be happy to create such survey if I could gather enough responses for it.

Thanks for all the other responses, the survey is still open, feel free to provide your opinion!
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
Balint,

Thanks for getting this survey out. We are continuing to establish reasonable workflows using the MEP tools but hope the tools and workflows can be improved. I am hoping you have received my survey.

Graham
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Graham wrote:
Balint,

Thanks for getting this survey out. We are continuing to establish reasonable workflows using the MEP tools but hope the tools and workflows can be improved. I am hoping you have received my survey.

Graham
Hi Graham,

Thanks for your response. We will have more focus on this area in the future, but for AC24 we will already integrate it into ARCHICAD, so there will be no license and separate installation required. With AC24 update 1 we will also provide some improvements on it which will hopefully provide help to both architects using it for collaboration and MEP professionals using it for modeling.
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
Jp1138
Expert
Balint wrote:

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your response. We will have more focus on this area in the future, but for AC24 we will already integrate it into ARCHICAD, so there will be no license and separate installation required. With AC24 update 1 we will also provide some improvements on it which will hopefully provide help to both architects using it for collaboration and MEP professionals using it for modeling.

At last!
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
bouhmidage
Advisor
So the first guidelines of archicad 24 pop up integrated mep modeller,
Archicad is going in depth into engeneering and coordination
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects