Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP Product Research

Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear all,

As a Product Manager for MEP related developments I would like to better understand the needs of architects and engineers using our products. Because of this I have compiled the following survey: https://bit.ly/GSMEP.

Responses are more than welcome. I'm also open to any ideas you might have regarding this topic, feel free to provide them here in this topic.

Best regards,
Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft
97 REPLIES 97
Nader Belal
Mentor
Things to add:

1. Pumbing standard library lacks bottle traps.

Things to modify:
1. You should revise your Tees, Wyes and similar elements, cause branches may belong to a different system, while the truck belong to a totally different system.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
Nader Belal
Mentor
Things to add:

ArchiCAD International MEP library lacks single wall mounted taps
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
bouhmidage
Advisor
Linking mep elemnts to building elements
For exemple, when the wall move, toilet and tap moves too
When ceiling moves down, hvac elements follow
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Nader Belal
Mentor
Important thing to revise:

When working with federated BIM models, seperated by area of interest (Architecture, Structure, MEP), some of the equipments must be included in the Architectural model, but if it happens that this element had an MEP connection, and I wanted to connect a route from/to this equipment, the mep connection data isn't transtlated to the route, and hunting the hotspot becomes an excercise of pain
A_ Smith
Expert
gpowless wrote:
Please fix the angled duct that disappears in plan.

Please fix the jumping stories issue. MEP should automatically be placed on the story that visible even if the story offset is selected for another storey. ie When a duct is placed with an offset to an upper storey then it should be immediately visible on the storey it was created on.
Have to agree, this is really annoying. At some vertical range elements just won't be showed on a floor plan. After placing it on a floor plan or 3D view element present in 3D. But you won't find it on floor plan (this, above, under). At least, it's hard to find. Though after 'ctrl+A' you'll see hotspots for this element (duct/pipe).
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
A_ Smith
Expert
I've made several inline objects for pipes. They are kinda not finished, because don't have different LOD and for some reason in 3D hotstpots refused to appear in proper place if pipe is vertical. Also there could be others issues that I was not aware. Anyone is wellcome to modify them and enchance and of course to use them.

I hope some day GS will have bigger MEP library or more people would join to Alex Podolskij's open bim sourse. Plus I don't like that Ivanov sells his MEP library only as subscription. No offense, but current GS library doesn't have enough basic elements for pipes. Not mantioning elements for plastic systems etc.
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
DGSketcher
Legend
A. wrote:
gpowless wrote:
Please fix the angled duct that disappears in plan.

Please fix the jumping stories issue. MEP should automatically be placed on the story that visible even if the story offset is selected for another storey. ie When a duct is placed with an offset to an upper storey then it should be immediately visible on the storey it was created on.
Have to agree, this is really annoying. At some vertical range elements just won't be showed on a floor plan. After placing it on a floor plan or 3D view element present in 3D. But you won't find it on floor plan (this, above, under). At least, it's hard to find. Though after 'ctrl+A' you'll see hotspots for this element (duct/pipe).
This seems to be a new "feature" across the AC tools. I have had it more frequently in recent AC versions where it is possible to place an elements outside the current view and then be greeted with the Undo option. I don't think it is a good move, after all, we usually draw something where we expect to see it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JEMagnussen
Contributor

Hi,

As engineers we often have a need to model sewer-, water-, storwater drainage systems. It would be a blessing if you included library for PVC-/Concrete pipes, ductile and PEH waterpipes as well as manholes, manhole covers etc. in order for us to model entire water and sewer utility systems. There are in fact many available librarys for Revit, maybe they could be easily converted and used for Archicad MEP? As a bonus it would be handy if you could start from a manhole with the right top and bottom level, entry and exit level for pipes with diameter and slope, as well as lenght input. To complete please also ad the possibility to specify the trench dimension and various fill as bedding for pipes.