BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP modeller for ArchiCAD 10

justdhruv
Contributor
I was going through the PDF of the newly released constructor 2007. It says "Constructor 2007 includes MEP Modeler: a full, high-end, mechanical, electrical cable tray and plumbing modeling
module. With specification-driven routing, MEP modeler
is accurate and very easy to use: duct routes are auto-
matically delimited by the components available from the
specification library. MEP Modeler includes an extensive
library of component specifications."

Is such a module not a part of the ArchiCAD 10. If not, can one purchase it for ArchiCAD for mac as Constructor is windows only. I have recently bought ArchiCAD 10. and was thinking of modelling all the services of a project in 3D as well. Is it not possible in Stand alone ArchiCAD 10.0? anyone else done 3D modeling of the services, through some workaround?
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh
13 REPLIES 13
TomWaltz
Participant
It's not available for Archicad 10. Graphisoft announced that here recently 😞
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
it seems that it will be available for ac11......im waiting to confirm
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
__archiben
Booster
Rakela wrote:
it seems that it will be available for ac11......im waiting to confirm
i wouldn't hold my breath - 'constuctor 2007' now holds the new MEP modelling tools and objects. looks quite impressive too: finally, on-the-fly GDL object constraining based specifications grounded in reality.

take a look at the videos on GS's website . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rakela Raul
Participant
thx aben, i did see it,,i know really good (10 grants though).....but i heard from reliable
source that mep will be available x ac11.......but u right !!!!!! thats why i wanna make sure
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Djordje
Ace
Until Graphisoft understands that in the world outside USofA architects actually produce exact building models, coordinate the structural and MEP work (I normally rework my projects with the actual structural data and as much of MEP data as I can manage) and are in charge of the project - and not the contractors, who usually do not have the expertise or the setup to re-design the project - it will be so ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Until Graphisoft understands that in the world outside USofA architects actually produce exact building models, coordinate the structural and MEP work (I normally rework my projects with the actual structural data and as much of MEP data as I can manage) and are in charge of the project - and not the contractors, who usually do not have the expertise or the setup to re-design the project - it will be so ...
maybe it will change witch Mister Schwarzmanntraubenspeck CEO
Djordje
Ace
Philippe wrote:
maybe it will change witch Mister Schwarzmanntraubenspeck CEO
Somehow I don't see the change of CEO in the cards ... 😉
Djordje

HP Omen
justdhruv
Contributor
can you please post the link of the video you are refering to. Thanks
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh
Djordje
Ace
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/

Under each of the software solutions listed, you have the brochure (PDF icon) and a blue square with a yellow arrow ... play button. Click on it.
Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!