Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Manage IFC Properties

gdford
Advisor

OK - I select a modeled or library object and open the elements selection settings.

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the selection settings, there is a large button that says "Manage IFC Properties"

I do not see the place where that button takes me available as a hotkey or a menu item.
Am I missing something?

Surly I can just select an object and be able to go directly to "Manage IFC Properties"

Thanks

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
4 REPLIES 4

The place it takes you to is identical to the fold out pane of the IFC Project Manager (Ctrl + Alt + I).

But why doesn't opening the manager with an active model selection make the selection show in the list? Now we have one extra click command (show model selection in list) to get where we want.

As expressed here I think there should be an effort to consolidate management of elements. Having it spread across element selection settings, edit selection set, IFC manager and schedules is a mess.

Ctl + Alt + I does not take you to the same place as the "Manage IFC Property" button found at the bottom of an objects selections settings.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

OK - I see what you are saying - thanks

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000