Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Material Volumes for EC calculations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can i retrieve volume for specific materials used in composite walls to use for Embodied Carbon calculations?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
With a Component Schedule.

Set up criteria to filter your model. You may want to exclude certain building materials (air, SEO, etc). I personally add a filter for our classification system to keep the schedule small and our EC calculation software is also filtered with the same classification system, so it is easy to fill out that way. Keeping things ordered per classification 'chapter', keeps the schedule generation quick. If you show your entire model in one go, it takes a long time to generate.

Next you want to add some fields. Personally I use (again) the classification system, element ID, building material and then skin/component volume, projected component/skin area, quantity, length left (for beams) and height (for columns). This has me covered for all the different quantity take offs I need for not only EC calculations, but also our cost estimate spread sheets.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
With a Component Schedule.

Set up criteria to filter your model. You may want to exclude certain building materials (air, SEO, etc). I personally add a filter for our classification system to keep the schedule small and our EC calculation software is also filtered with the same classification system, so it is easy to fill out that way. Keeping things ordered per classification 'chapter', keeps the schedule generation quick. If you show your entire model in one go, it takes a long time to generate.

Next you want to add some fields. Personally I use (again) the classification system, element ID, building material and then skin/component volume, projected component/skin area, quantity, length left (for beams) and height (for columns). This has me covered for all the different quantity take offs I need for not only EC calculations, but also our cost estimate spread sheets.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Erwin. This is very helpful. I will give it a shot.