Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Maxon Freeform in ArchiCad

Anonymous
Not applicable
"SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – JUNE PROMOTION!

Graphisoft and Maxon are happy to announce a new partner solution for ArchiCAD called FreeForm. Based on Cinema 4D, FreeForm allows users of ArchiCAD to edit elements of building models as parametric primitives; with extrusions, holes, planes, points and paths; or with deformers and form generators, providing total design freedom!"

I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds pretty interesting. Total design freedom? I like that. Anyone care to comment.
111 REPLIES 111
Rakela Raul
Participant
http://www.graphisoftus.com/register.php?id=314

if u want to register and see it in action
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rakela Raul
Participant
wow, no comments after watching the live demo !!
it must be good
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sat through the presentation this morning. Mostly a sales pitch for ArchiCAD. Only had time for two questions. I'm still wondering, since I have Cinema 4D already do I need to buy this new plugin and converter? It could be useful but hard to say from the demo. Hope so as I do domes, mereged domes, etc.
Dwight
Newcomer
Hi Robbie!!

Why they spend so much time yagging about ArchiCAD - preaching to the converted…

I believe that the transferability of the file and the ghosting of Archicad in the Maxonform window are of value even if you already have Cinema 4D.

All about productivity.

Of course, if you don't do a lot of changes and don't have many close tolerances in your objects, a Cinema model comes in as 3ds pretty nicely.
Dwight Atkinson
TomWaltz
Participant
Robert,

from what I have heard, it will work if you already have Cinema 4D. I do not know if that affects the price at all or not. (since I have heard nothing about pricing yet).
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
seems a desperate move to provide free 3d modeling capabilities to an engine that is not fit for it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
TomWaltz
Participant
seems a desperate move to provide free 3d modeling capabilities to an engine that is not fit for it.
Given the choice between this or nothing, does this mean you would prefer nothing?
Tom Waltz
Rakela Raul
Participant
it just needed a solution....i would like to take a look at it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
I just saw the presentation on GS site.
What I figured out is, that freeform is C4Ds modeler with an automated function of import-export from Archicad.
Quite interesting demo but it avoids presenting any plans or sections from the building.
What I don't know (in case you watched the demo) is what happens with that freeform envelop on plan. To be more specific the example is a 4-storey building covered with an envelop. The envelope is saved (and imported) as a GDL object so it will not be visible as needed in each floor plan (or is it possible?). IMHO this is not a freeform but an AC problem. There should be a way to automatically create a plan for each level of the object.
Anyway freeform looks like a very promising move from GS and Maxon.

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
hiya fellas!
long time no see.

thats because i dont use archicad anymore!!! switched to revit a year ago.
why, yes, the reason behind it being the very lack of freeform modeling in AC!!!

but now this maxonform thing.............very enticing.......

please correct me if im wrong but its essentially this: cinema 4d with rendering capabilities stripped off and (maybe) a little adopted to fit AC workflow........ can make and edit only gdl objects, not ACs native elements (walls, slabs, windows)

or is it just an addon that allows cinema-AC interoperability, which means that we need standard cinema 4d app AND an addon to use it?

any word about the price?

anyway, its certainly the missing link or, at least, the step in the right direction! I might eventually return to AC, who knows?

on the other hand cant wait to see what will be revits answer to this.....any reviters reading this? care to coment?