BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Maxon Freeform in ArchiCad

Anonymous
Not applicable
"SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – JUNE PROMOTION!

Graphisoft and Maxon are happy to announce a new partner solution for ArchiCAD called FreeForm. Based on Cinema 4D, FreeForm allows users of ArchiCAD to edit elements of building models as parametric primitives; with extrusions, holes, planes, points and paths; or with deformers and form generators, providing total design freedom!"

I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds pretty interesting. Total design freedom? I like that. Anyone care to comment.
111 REPLIES 111
Anonymous
Not applicable
outpostarc wrote:
I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds pretty interesting. Total design freedom? I like that. Anyone care to comment.
Yes, it does sound interesting! I'm not sure exactly what it means or does either....hopefully we'll all know more in the next couple of days.

go to the events page and sign up to learn more http://www.graphisoftus.com/events.php

Graphisoft is offering a "Possess the Freedom to Model, TODAY!" webcast on june 22nd and June 29th

Dan K
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
It really sounds interesting, but does anyone knows any info about it?
It is very strange that there wasn't an announcement from maxon.(At least I did not see one).

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Dwight
Newcomer
Freeform is the modeling tools more-or-less of Cinema 4D operating as an add-on (no surprise) to ArchiCAD.

3D model components are exported to Freeform. You work in Freeform to make your irrational elements and the element is sent back exactly in place, head hanging down ignominiously, as GDL.

"The minors? Why are they sending me to Akron? I pitch better than that!"

Cinema 4D users can link to their Cinema application instead.

If you are itching to make the swoopie curvidurvies, this be it. Frank Gehry can eat your socks.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you mean that we can actually import any object made in c4d in archicad?
Something like a c4d to gdl interface?

That would be very very very nice
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's exactly right.

I've had the pleasure of beta testing this add on and it is very good indeed. The guys at GS deserve a lot of credit, as they have gone to a lot of trouble to fix the gap between ArchiCAD and free form shapes.

There will be no shape we can't model now!

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
altho you'll admit the Escher tool needs work.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That are really great news!
Have you heard when it will be availiable?
Dwight
Newcomer
webcast today - find out.
Dwight Atkinson
rm
Expert
Anyone know if there is a demo? How about cost info? Weblink with more information about the plugin?

Thank you
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!