BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Message Alerts not showing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else experienced teamwork requested and message alerts not showing or being registered?

The only way I can 'download' them and see requests is to close the file and re-open.

Another team member was forced to force me to leave the project a day or two just before this started happening.

The show new message alert option is checked.
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Check if the bim server and all the
users have the same Java version.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just ran round the office and updated everyone's Java and still no messages 😞
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
You might find that going offline/online with the teamwork palette will also get those backlogged messages to appear. This appears to be an issue that we are investigating with the messaging server.

The least obtrusive method to get them sent and to get message sending reliable again is to restart the messaging server see screen shot below. (You can also stop and restart the BIM Server Application)
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ed Fixed it completely. Many thanks. Apologises for not replying sooner.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Neat trick Ed! Thanks!
We the same java and the messaging server restart we are now messaging like crazy but there is one user that don't get the post it pop up, (she gets the message). Show new message alert is enabled in TW. Will try some restarts.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I have one user that can't recieve messages (they don't show) but can send messages fine... Messages sent to this person only show up in the log after closing and reopening the project. Bugs me mad.

/M
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats

Have you had the user leave the project and re-join?
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
tlodge wrote:
Mats

Have you had the user leave the project and re-join?
Yup, also did a reinstall with no luck.

We have modules 13,14,15 and 16 on the same BIM server. Strange though that it works for most of us!? Well, works is not completely true. It's kind of random. Some messages appear after a week, some not and some perfect.

I just removed module 13 and will create a new BIM-server for testing. Need to get this sorted out.
AC 25 SWE Full

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I created a new BIM server only for AC16 projects and now the message pop up shows. However, like aknowledged in an earlier post as a bug, the high priority alert messages doesn't stay on screen. I hope the bug is corrected soon.

Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

Learn and get certified!