Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Microsoft Teams and Teamwork BIMCloud?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm curious if anyone has attempted to use Archicad ON Microsoft Teams as a collaborative tool?
I mean...what's involved?
Do both parties need a license copy of Archicad or can I just "share" screen my model on MS TEams?

Any thoughts?

...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,
You would just need to have Archicad running and give control of your PC to another user, having tried with another product the experience for the remote user would be poor to ordinary at best. I would worry about someone else having access / corrupting my model , probably best just marking up PDF drawings collaboratively

Regards
Scott
Jp1138
Expert
We have used Archicad over Teamviewer and Google Remote Desktop and in both cases the experience was nearly flawless. It would greatly depend on your connection speed, of course.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was probably not very clear with my earlier response, sharing the screen for others to view is ok and if others only need to have minor control / interaction with the model this is also ok but if you were trying to fully work with the model remotely using Teams or Zoom I think that would be frustrating due to the input lag and occasional freezing / pixelation when internet bandwidth suffers.
Using a Remote Desktop solution is very doable for using BIM this is the way most of the users within our office have been working for the last month
Regards
Scott
Jp1138
Expert
I agree. We have also being accesing computers in our office through remote desktop since march the 12th.

May be better to just use a remote desktop aplication combined with another one for the comunication, even using your phone hands free while watching the screen, if you need both to be watching the same screen? In the remote desktop you can usually select to show your cursor to the other guy, so you could point things, etc.

In any case, only one computer has to have Archicad installed and its license. The other one is just "seeing" and controlling the other pc through the net.
ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
Performance over Teams was pretty poor last time I tried it. It also doesn't like multi logins, local and office via RDP, so it ended up being a no go anyway... Parsec has had good performance so far.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
rob2218
Enthusiast
THANKS for everyones input.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23