BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Migrating Classifications, 22 to 24

Andre_Steynberg
Enthusiast
Hi all

having a bit of difficulty understanding the process of migrating classifications between template versions, specifically AC 22 to 24.

It seems I am unable to bring in the new AC24 V2.0 classifications into my existing template and have them link up automatically to the standard AC objects. (I have some Favorites set up but this can be done manually.)

I've opened my existing template in 24, migrated the library parts then tried various methods of importing the new Classifications either via Merge, importing the XML in the Classification Manager etc but the result is always the same, the standard AC objects remain unclassified.

I've searched on here but nowhere that really answers my question, anyone can shed a bit of light on the process?
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
You stumbled correctly.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andre_Steynberg
Enthusiast
So I seem to have bumbled my way to a "solution"....
I rename the existing AC22 Classification (Name, Version etc) to match the AC24 Classification then import the latter.
After some protest and yelling from Archicad and some nervous clicking from me, the AC24 seem to overwrite the AC22's Classifications and all seems to be well again.
Is this how its supposed to be done?
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Solution
Eduardo Rolon
You stumbled correctly.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!