Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Missing japanese text in Archicad English version

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello

i am using an ARCHICAD 23 INT English version, i am having a problem when importing japanese text drawing into worksheet, all japanese texts were disappeared( you can see the problem in the attached image),
it's ok when using an ARCHICAD japanese version,
as i know archicad text fonts is following window fonts , it's ok with my window fonts

Best regards,
AI
5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend
To be really sure it is not a font problem please try "Arial Unicode" for once.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Podolsky
Ace
This problem can be relayed to which font was used in AutoCAD. Usually with TTF (Windows fonts) there is no problem, but all troubles begins with native AutoCAD 'plot' fonts. I know this problem with font happens in Hebrew too.
The only solution - get Japanese ArchiCAD version and open DWG there. You can have as many ArchiCAD's in your computer as you need - different versions and languages - they all are going to work with the same licence.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank for your reply!
"You can have as many ArchiCAD's in your computer as you need - different versions and languages - they all are going to work with the same licence." i don't know this information before. i'll try
Barry Kelly
AINGO wrote:
"You can have as many ArchiCAD's in your computer as you need - different versions and languages - they all are going to work with the same licence." i don't know this information before. i'll try

Just make sure they are all installed to separate program folders.
By default, each version (22, 23, 24) will install to its own folder, but the language versions will install to the same folder.

You should be able to specify a folder location as you install, or you can simply rename the folder after installation.

i.e. Archicad 24 ENG, Archicad 24 JAP.

I would keep the default one that you use most of the time as just 'Archicad 24' which is the default.

Also if you ever want to update to a newer build, you may need to rename the folder back to it's default.
I can't remember if the updaters allow you to choose a location (folder) that you want to update or if they just go to the default.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot !