Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Missing model view option

Yvonne
Advocate

Hello, 

Not sure why model view options go missing - is this a bug? 

model view missing.png

This has happened to quite a few saved views and I haven't changed any settings within the model view options. 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly

So you are saying when you go into the Model View settings, you have a MVO scheme called "02 Construction" ?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

yep that's right. This is what it looks like: 

model view construction.png

Have you been merging files, hot-linking files or working in team work?

The MVO schemes apparently now are referenced by a hidden ID number and not the name now.

So something has change the ID number of the MVO scheme - but I am not sure what that is.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Maybe you imported Layouts through Organizer from another project ?

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

I do have hotlinks in the file and it is a teamwork file... maybe that's why. What is this mysterious ID number? 

I haven't imported any layouts 

MVO schemes used to be recognised by the name a few versions ago.

If you changed the name in any way all the MVOs in your views would become 'Missing'.

Now they are recognised by a hidden ID that we can not see.

So if you rename an MVO scheme, the views will not care and will show the new name.

I think it changed in version 23.

I asked about teamwork (Bimcloud) because others seem to be having similar issues.

Here is one such post.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Missing-Model-View-Options/td-p/240830

I am not aware of a fix other than re-setting the MVO in the view settings.

But it may go missing again.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Robert Nichols
Advocate

This problem is the worst! It's so persistent, and has survived several AC upgrades. No insight yet, Graphisoft?

Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
Leo_uy
Participant

Having this issue from 24... first thing i was told, that my SPA language was creating the problem, then when we start using INT version the problem persisted (even in new projects).

Deleting MVO and creating new ones doesn't solve the issue, just a huge waste of time as checking views one by one every time you publish to be sure everything looks right.

Making an Index to check the MVO its another waste of time, the index will never show if it's missing and if you are hoping to make an index to group a lot of views with the same mvo and change it all at once... you just can't. You can't group. You can't change all the same mvo from an index at once.

My lucky guess is that the hidden id thing has nothing to do with this issue, because as i was saying i have this problem from 24, 25 and now 26.... and it's kind of frustrating this huge work-flow hog in a 4k USD program.