Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Missing some features at MEP-Connection and Library Objects with MEP-Connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I try to find an interface between the Sanitary Objects and the Sanitary pipe work.
The issue with the objects with the predefined connectors is that they are not very pracitble (for us MEP-Engineers ) at the moment (except the wall mounted taps).
Also I have remarks to the MEP-Connectors. I think to define the MEP-System is a basic information.
BR
Cornelia
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cornelia wrote:
I think to define the MEP-System is a basic information.
These are defined with the MEP Systems command. In the Help files see MEP Systems.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
There are two issues mentioned as I understand it:

1. The MEP connector is missing the option to define to what MEP system it belongs.
=> for a.) scheduling, b.) completeness check and c.) consitency check

2. Sanitary objects like the water basin lack of basic real-world configuration options. Its not about the object geometry itself but the MEP relevant options as shown on Cornelia's screenshots.

The topic can be seen in close proximity with this post: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70767
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Barry Kelly
There seems to be a bug in the MEP objects.
I don't have that particular object (probably because I have the AUS template?), but my default basin has the same problem.

All is good when first opened.
But if you change the tap style one of the connections disappears.
Or maybe they are doubling up?
Even changing back to the original tap does not reset it.

The way to fix it (until you change the tap again) is to swap the basin style for another and then set it back.

I am just setting up 24 and looking at this MEP stuff.
I must say I am not impressed so far.
The system itself looks good and works pretty well (mostly).
But many of these MEP objects are buggy or have a lack of control.
I won't go into details here but maybe I will compile my list of problems and make a new post some time in the future.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you for your questions and opinions regarding this topic!

Thanks to Barry suggestion, I was able to replicate the issue. Probably this is a bug. I will ask my colleagues to have a look at this issue. Once we have a conclusion, I will inform you here!

Regarding the connectors in real world situation, I will have opinions entered as a wish in our Wish List database. I hope that we will be able to refine MEP objects even further in the future!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

We have concluded the investigation. It turned out to be a defect in Archicad's MEP objects. The two connections jump to the same place when the Tap Type or Style is changed. We entered the defect into our system. I hope that it would not be too difficult to fix!

Thank you once again for spotting the issue! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,
could you also add an option to configure the position of the connectors in height and distance between each other?
BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Florian wrote:
Hi Minh,
could you also add an option to configure the position of the connectors in height and distance between each other?
BR, Florian
Hi Florian,

Thank you very much for the request!

I entered it as a library wish in our database (please refer to it as DEF-2126). Hopefully, it can be implemented in the near future!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT