Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Model based collaboration and model checking tools

Miha_M
Advisor

Dear community members, I am trying to find a good model based collaboration tool with model checking (data, clash detection, etc.), which supports direct connections to Archicad and possibly other popular BIM enabled software. I like BIMcollab, but I don't like that it doesn't have ifc model integration - one needs BIMcollab Zoom for ifc model handling and the option for borrowing such license to other users sounds complicated.

Any price / performance suggestions?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

4 REPLIES 4
Florian99
Booster

Hi,

I would suggest to look into Dalux or Catenda.

not for free but very powerful!

BR

AC25, BIMCloud, Windows
Miha_M
Advisor

Thank you. I am not looking for anything free as I know that the needed functionality is available only on paid plan basis. I have already looked at and compared many possible solutions, Dalux, BimSync Arena, Bexel, Trimble, Gliderbim, Bimspot, Bimtrack, etc..., but I was hoping to hear about some pros and cons from experienced users.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Kamil Dylo
Booster

Hi

At the moment I am trying to find convenient workflow to collaborate with other parties involved in the project. I take a role of model coordinator and at the moment I am importing the IFC models provided by other disciplines into our ArchiCAD model.

Unfortunately ArchiCAD does not have very good build in model check workflow and issues management is poorly implemented.

I am curious what are yours experience guys with other software that are working in collaboration with ArchiCAD?

@Miha_M: What specific problem do you have with BIMcollab? Have you progress with testing other tools?

regards

Kamil

Miha_M
Advisor

BIMcollab is ok and does a good job, but the web communication platform does not have an online IFC viewer available. You need to have local BIMcollab Zoom installed for (re)viewing IFC files. It is a very good solution if you have an independent CDE running elsewhere. It's a bit complicated if one is collaborating with other (outside of you company) parties as they need to be covered by your licences or have their own available.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27