Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Module Stories

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hi all,

I have come back to an old project in which we used negative stories to build Modules. For some reason, when I go to export one of the modules, it includes every story up to zero... The other modules do not appear to be doing this...

I have changed the story structure for this module, but I do not see how that might be related. The relevant objects were all built by magic wand-ing the existing things and modifying their paths and positions so I do not think I have a rogue object... I have yet to find one...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
9 REPLIES 9
ryejuan
Advisor

Maybe you should select first the modules before exporting.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Lingwisyer
Guru

When you check everything except the two short railings...

Lingwisyer
Guru

Whelp. Now my module is being offset 25 stories up... >,>

DGSketcher
Legend

@Lingwisyer I am guessing you have checked the publishing / save storey range setting for the rogue module? Could it be the module was saved with all stories below zero? That might explain the 25 storey jump.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
ryejuan
Advisor

are you linking the saved modules to a new file? if yes have you tried this settings?

ryejuan_1-1652261042922.png

ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Lingwisyer
Guru

Well... after a few weird exports yesterday, it works properly this morning...

I am selecting the module in 3D, isolating selection, then saving selection as module. I would get if extra stories were included, but the fact the the entire story structure was shifted messed up all of the stored story heights. Anyway, hopefully that was a one off event.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Not a one off... Zzz...

Lingwisyer
Guru

Ah. It would appear that when saving a Module from the 3D window, the Homestory becomes which ever Plan Story you were in last. Good to know. Hopefully I will remember that...

I have also realised that using negative stories for modules is not very suitable if they are multistorey unless you leave extra placeholder storeys to accommodate any story structure changes. Story, storey, stories, storeys, storied, storeyed...

Usually need to clean up the stories if you plan to use it later on as a hotlink module. You should only retain No. 0 & 1 (from storey settings)

ArchiCAD 9 onwards