Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Moving from BIMcloud Basic to BIMcloud - List projects with reserved elements

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
Currently we are using BIMcloud Basic and have about 20 projects, each of them holding several PLN-files.
In the next few days we will be installing a new BIM-server and move to the full BIMcloud.

How do we best tackle te issue of reserved elements?
Is it possible to list all projects which have elements reserved by a set user?

This way I would be able to send my colleagues an email asking them to send&release specific drawings so we can migrate them to the new server & Archicad release.

greetz...

Johan
Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
5 REPLIES 5
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Johan,

Unfortunately there is no such report for BIMcloud Basic or BIMcloud. We always recommend to Send & Receive and then leave projects to make sure all data is on the BIMcloud.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
Hi Noémi,

I'm a bit struck!

This means that a BIM manager can't list those PLN-files which still have reservations on them, and local data that hasn't been send to the BIMcloud server could be lost!

The information resides in tha BIMcloud database, as the software needs to know which elements it can allow others to reserve.
It should thus be fairly easy to code a view which lists this information, so the BIM manager in a company has an overview.

I do believe this is an essential tool to have! Don't you?!

Kind regards,

Johan
Johan Stinckens
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just a quick question - do you consider to move BIMcloud to another computer, or what is the reason of installing a new one? It is entirely possible to upgrade the current BIMcloud Basic, therefore you don't need to worry about potential data loss.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Also, you can check by users in which projects they are logged in, and ask them to Send & Receive then leave all of these, if you really need to install a fresh BIMcloud.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Johan Stinckens
Advocate
nbalogh wrote:
Just a quick question - do you consider to move BIMcloud to another computer, or what is the reason of installing a new one? It is entirely possible to upgrade the current BIMcloud Basic, therefore you don't need to worry about potential data loss.

Hi Noémi,

Earlier this year I had set up BIMcloud Basic on a workstation, initally just for testying purposes.
COVID-lockdown made us shift gears and more projects were moved to BIMcloud/Teamwork.

We are now in the process of moving everything to our new server hardware.
So yes, we are moving, not just updating.

I guess this is a one off then. No worries about future BIMcloud updates, only when we ever need another new server.

Kind regards,

Johan
Johan Stinckens