Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Multiple Survey Points

JSN
Enthusiast
For a matter of facts we need to have multiple Survey Points in a file.

However, afaik for IFC Export only the first (?) placed SP is taken into consideration and defines the IFC Origin. Is there a way to choose (or activate/deactivate) which SP should be used for exporting?
15 REPLIES 15
JSN
Enthusiast
Here is the missing screenshot of the line I wrote in cyan:

BTW: Have I already mentioned how painful it is to post media content here on the forum?!?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi there,

Hmm...that is very strange to see. Since I'm not quite familiar with how Revit exporting the IFC with SP, could you share the IFC file with me for further investigation? As always, if you need a secure address to upload your file, please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
mnguyen wrote:
As always, if you need a secure address to upload your file, please let me know!
Hi, I sent you the file via a private message. Thx.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply! We just had a chance to discuss this issue with the development team. Whenever we use 'hotlink' to import an IFC, it doesn't consider the position of the survey point (yet).

If we use Merge, on the other hand, the Survey point in the IFC file is automatically pinned together with the survey point in the Archicad file. In case if there's no survey point placed in the project, the Archicad project origin behaves as a survey point (it's a hidden SP basically).

So I would recommend merging the project if that's acceptable. If you need hotlink instead, you may want to adjust the height of the placed hotlink, which can be done by setting the Offset value within the Place Hotlink dialog.

Please let me know if you have any further question!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

JSN
Enthusiast
mnguyen wrote:
Whenever we use 'hotlink' to import an IFC, it doesn't consider the position of the survey point (yet).
So to be precise and sum it up you mean it does not consider the Z-Position when hotlinking and this is the usual behaviour? When you write (yet) in brackets does this mean that this is going to be changed in the future?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

We are considering how to best implement Survey Point in IFC exchange. This is definitely not the final design. We will keep improving the functionality of IFC exchange, so this one is surely something that we want to refine in the future!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT