Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

My new self made IFC translator doesn't work.

m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Hello,

I've just made my own IFC translator and I can't use it at all. It seems to be locked on the list, I can't even edit it's options. Anybody had similar problem ?
It seems that Archicad doesn't create any .xml file for new translator, since I checked the translators folder.

Regards
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
m_ziolo_86:

I made an IFC Translator and it is an xml file stored here: user/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/IFC Translators 16.0.0 USA. Perhaps you have a permissions issue.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
I've made signature. Just as you suggested. Any idea what to do with the problem with ifc translator ?
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Send info to a private box, it will be easier because the Polish
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
m_ziolo_86:

You can try Duplicating the locked translator to create an edible copy. The IFC Translation Setup dialog box shows the Location of the translators at the bottom of the Available Translators panel.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dwight
Newcomer
Code goes down easier with mustard.
Dwight Atkinson