Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

NCS Door Marker and Interactive Schedule

bigE
Participant
Im using the NCS Door Marker in a project. I have the marker set to show Room Number and Door ID. That way it pulls the Room Number from the Zone and then in instances when I have multiple doors in one room Im giving the door an ID. Example doors 101A and 101B.

The problem is i cannot get the IS to display the Room Number and Door ID. I know this has been a previus topic before. And there seems to be a workaround.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4727

But the workaround only works if all doors are referenced to the swing side. If they are you, can list the zone number as posted and sort by it. But if you have, for example, a room off of a corridor. And the door swings into the corridor but you want to door to have the room number instead of the corridor number, you must flip the marker into the non-swing side. When that happens and you use the workaround above the door is labeled wrong because it pulls the zone id from the swing side.

So my question is... Is there any way to get the IS to display the exact information that is in the NCS Door Marker when it is set to Room Number and Door ID????? Ive tried and tried but havn't found a solution.

I don't want to have to manually put all the door numbers in! That defeats the whole purpose of the tag and schedule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Eric
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately, from what I can tell, the text in the tag is actually still 2 text strings displayed side by side. Therefore, the two parameters can not be set in the same column.

A solution, if you are comfortable with GDL, would be to use a modified part that creates another parameter you can pull into the schedule. In the object code, write a command to combine the two values into one string and use the PARAMETERS command in the script to set the value to the combined text string. This process does however stop the ability to edit the value in the IS. I know there is other information on how to do the parameters process around the talk site for more reference.

Not sure if this helped, but had to try for a fellow Ohioan.
bigE
Participant
tom,

well.. after i posted this i went the exact direction that you mentioned... but it doesnt seem to work...

i can get the Door ID to appear as a parameter... because its variable is AC_WIDO_ID....

but... i cannot get the room number to appear... it gets the room number from the zone_relations and window_door_zone_relev requests... and then gives it to a variable... then that variable is in the text command to display it in the marker... but i cannot get it to take the variable and put it back into the parameters... if i for example put

parameters 'variable in list'=room_id

it does not display anything... even if i put it into the master or parametr script... ive gone round and round with this and can't get anything to work... argggghhhh...

why would graphisoft put a part in that CANNOT be scheduled!... It ruins the whole idea of pulling the zone numbers into the tag to SAVE TIME!
Anyone from graphisoft out there?????

I called my reseller... they didn't have an answer either as of yet...

thanks for your help though tom!
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Can anyone from GS address this issue? I've been struggling with this same problem for two days and have not made any progress. Seems like a major bug for a BIM application...
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
TomWaltz
Participant
The problem is i cannot get the IS to display the Room Number and Door ID. I know this has been a previus topic before. And there seems to be a workaround.
I'm not sure I see the problem.

You want to list the Door ID Number and the Room Number of the Zone that the door is adjacent to, just like the DoorMarker_NCS object does, correct?

If you set the scheduler to include "ID" and "Zone Name" from the "General" fields, the interactive scheduler will list them.

Yes, they are two fields and will show in different columns. Is that what you were trying to avoid?
Tom Waltz
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
But the workaround only works if all doors are referenced to the swing side. If they are you, can list the zone number as posted and sort by it. But if you have, for example, a room off of a corridor. And the door swings into the corridor but you want to door to have the room number instead of the corridor number, you must flip the marker into the non-swing side. When that happens and you use the workaround above the door is labeled wrong because it pulls the zone id from the swing side.

Part of the problem seems to be (regardless of the parameter: Zone Number, Custom Room Number, Marker Text, etc.) the correct room number value is not always returned in the schedule.

The closest I could get was using the Zone Number + Door ID columns workaround, but if the door marker has been moved or flipped to reflect the room number of the secured side (not necessarily the swing side!) of the door, the opening is still scheduled with the swing side room number -- and if no adjacent Zone, then no room number at all!

I realize this is pretty much a reiteration of the quote above -- I'm hoping to post a screen shot, but I'm still trying to figure that out...
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Screen shot as promised...

MARK= Marker Text
ROOM= Custom Room ID
ZONE= Zone Number

Condition#1 -- Because the marker is located outside of the zone, only the Door ID is scheduled, there is no associated Zone Number reflected in the marker nor the schedule.

Condition#2 -- Custom marker text is specified via the door marker settings. This information is not included in the schedule.

Condition#3 -- The door marker is moved to reflect the secure side of the door; however, the zoom inwhich the door swings is the one scheduled.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Unfortunately, from what information I can find, the problem is the inability for the IS to list parameters of more than one element type at a time:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=41539#41539

So in a sense, the Door Marker is actually independent of the Door Object -- the marker associates itself with the zone in which it is placed, and the door associates itself with the zone in which it swings, regardless of the information entered in the marker settings. Thus, the door marker is merely a drafting symbol and is not associated with the Door Schedule -- Dangerous!

The best way I have found to deal with this is to use Matthew's workaround:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=4727
bigE
Participant
Laura,

sorry for the slow reply... i havn't had time to check the forum due to a deadline here at the office...

Looks like you went through much of the same troubleshooting that i did to figure out it doesn't work..

I have contacted graphisoft about this issue with the marker and they had no solution. It's on their list of things to be fixed... Which i'm sure is somewhat lengthy 😉

Sorry i couldn't help you more.

Eric
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Apparently, the "Room Number Association Dilemma" has been partly solved with the release of the Special Edition Library and modified Door Marker_NCS:

"Room ID is a new text option. This object has been modified to show the room number independently from the marker position. The marker object always displays that room number where its center of gravity will fall."

Haven't had the opportunity yet to test it with IS tho...

Of course, this doesn't address the fact that the NCS has changed its door symbol with the release of Version 3.1...