BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

NEW to this

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. I have my complete drawing of my dream project... done by an expert (structural engineer), in .dwg format, i now want to see how the object would look like in 3d and play around with the colours etc but have no idea how.... please help.

i am happy to forward the drawings for help bt would very much want to learn ....

Tried to go through the learning process but....
2.I have tried the training using the movie guide did all the fill setup etc but when i try to fill in the first object ... some lines fly around and if left click/press space it wont fill ... which key should i use or did i miss something (ArchiCAD 14 on win 7)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sirivha,

You don't say whether the drawings are just 2d plans & sections etc, or it is actually a 3d model saved in dwg format.

If it is 3d, you can try opening the dwg file using the 'Open Object' command found under 'File>Libraries & Object> Open Object', but I'm not sure if ArchiCAD can bring in the 3d model with sufficient control over the colours to be useful.

If 2d, place the 2d drawings on a worksheet using the 'drawing' tool, then use the 'Trace & Reference' feature to overlay this onto the model's plans and sections to make sure you are modelling things to the right size.

Either way, you may have to model the building yourself if you want to try out different colour schemes.

With regard to the fill problem you are having, you can't place a fill directly on a library part with the magic wand, only between the boundaries formed by Elements like slabs and walls etc. Most Elements and Library parts (objects) have their own fill settings built in. Check in the Settings - there should be some settings controlling the 2d representation or Cover fill.

Hope that helps.
Learn and get certified!