BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Need high quality JPGs from Layouts - tooooooo BLURRY!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I'm needing to produce JPG files from my Layouts (not from Views, I need the complete drawing)
I can save a layout as a JPG and set the resolution as "high"
However for an A3 sized drawing, this "high quality" JPG has properties of only 1266x789 pixels.
I need a high quality JPG of 4000 pixels plus.
How is this done?
I don't want to have to save it to a pdf and then open the pdf in photoshop and export a jpg from there?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
christopherwilliams wrote:
I don't want to have to save it to a pdf and then open the pdf in photoshop and export a jpg from there?

Please edit your forum profile to add a signature listing, at a minimum, your operating system and the version of ARCHICAD that you are using.... or include that in any posts.

There is no control over pixel dimensions when saving in an image format - only compression. At least on MacOS.

PDF export and conversion is the only way I know of to get a desired pixel size result. if you use a Mac, then it is all built in - no need to purchase other software. You can publish everything to PDF and then open that in Preview. Or, you can Print a layout (vs Save) and click the PDF options in the lower left of the print dialog to open a PDF in Preview... a hidden/local copy of a PDF will open. From there, File > Export to JPEG and choose the desired DPI and compression for the resulting JPEG.

Out of curiosity, why do you need a high pixel dimension JPEG vs a PDF?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Just adding that there is no way to set higher DPI for saving or publishing JPEG on windows either.

Same workflow: publish / save to PDF and convert those to JPEG.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
It would appear to be set by your screen size and zoom factor. At 50% my jpg is 2074 x 1235. At 10% it is 415 x 247, which is 1/5th the resolution of the jpg saved from 50% zoom. The maximum resolution I get is 4000 x 2381. I am not sure where this figure comes from as it is beyond the bounds of my monitor. There was a similar limitation with the 3D window, but you are able to get around it by setting a custom window size equal to your desired resolution. This option does not appear to be available for the other windows...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!