BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

New colour table <-> old library parts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Hun version of AC10 arrived in summer to our office.
Before AC 10 I always tried to get people in the office use the newest version of AC but now after trying it for two weeks I can only suggest to stay at 9.0. (While some workmates are still using 7.0...)
I will not go into details why I hate version 10 but I can tell why I decided to stay at 9.

From 6.5-9 the colour table was always the same, eg. I'm used to that pen 96 is the default grey hatch pan, 91 is the white for background of objects etc...
And now what shall I do with the office library and old librarys wich have hundreds of objects with default background pen 91?
- Shall I change the 2D presentation's color every time before placing an object from the old library for not having the background purple?
- Or shall I open, change the default bg. colour pen and resave hundreds of objects?
- Or shall I switch back the AC 9 color table and load Library 9 forever? (If I wanted to use the new 10 library all it's backgroud pens are red...)
The new colour table causes compatibility problems at loading old librarys for older projects, eg. there is a large hospital in Bp, we have been designing reconstructions and new buildings for more than 10 years for it. Of course it is important to merge and modify the old plans at a new project because the old and new buildings are alway connected and some parts of the old buildings need to be changed also. The first plans began with library 5.0, actually I need to load at least 3 different librarys for all the buildings: 5.0, 6.5, 7.0 and of course for my new building I want to use the newest library the 10. I'm used to having problems with duplicate library parts, but now with the new colour table it is impossible work!!!
Is there a smart freeware program or API which can change the default pen colours in library objects automatically? This is Graphisoft's bug... they should offer a solution.
Zoltán
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
andyro wrote:
BTW, Thomas, I do believe your pen table is the best in the world. Well, second to mine anyhow 😉
Hey Andy, what about mine

Or is that the one you are using
Thomas Holm
Booster
andyro wrote:
BTW, Thomas, I do believe your pen table is the best in the world. Well, second to mine anyhow 😉
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
Matthew wrote:
andyro wrote:

Mine's better either way.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Matthew wrote:
andyro wrote:

Mine's better either way.
So you say it's cold? Well I say it's deep too.
Learn and get certified!