BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

New to Archicad and I need to employ someone to help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all I am new to Archicad and I look forward to becoming a pro user. I am a Sketchup user and know it well. I have hundreds of components that are already drawn in 3D that I would like to transform them into Archicad. Is their anyone that can help me make a start? I am looking to employ the services of some one to do 20 for me first. Or if you know someone who can please get them to PM me. Thanks a lot I look forward to contributing to this forum when I get the knowledge
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
Here's your start:

From SketchUp:

Export… as 3D Model… 3Ds. format

Into Archicad:

From the Help Menu, find the "Archicad Downloads" or "Goodies" link. Download "3D Studio In" and install this plug-in in the Add Ons folder.
Restart Archicad. Find the 3Ds importer under "File Special"

Use it to bring the exported SketchUp file in as an Archicad Object. Naturally you'll save it to a folder in the existing Archicad library to simplify loading.

I'm working a lot in SketchUp since becoming Western Canada's Certified Trainer. What fun. It turns architecture into a Video Game.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!