BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

New to elements' lists

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
in an office project I am trying to create 3 lists of the doors, the windows and the new walls that are going to be built. The new walls are drawn with a different background pen.
I created 3 zones and now at the lists it cannot show which wall is in which zone, plus I cannot put a criteria to find the green walls (these are the new ones) (I have just transfered the project from AC15 to AC18)
Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
and the list
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Wendy

I am not in front of ArchiCAD right now but have some advice for you:

Instead of using Lists consider using Schedules. They are much more user friendly, are interactive (in that if you change something in the schedule it will change element in the model) and they do most of what a list does.

Instead of scheduling walls and asking what zone they are in, you'll need to schedule the zones and ask what walls are contained within them.

I don't think you'll be able to use the wall color as a listing criteria but consider using the wall's renovation status (existing/demolition/new) instead.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good morning (in Greece)!
I havent used the status you are mentioning, I just draw the walls in different colors when I have new or old walls.
Ill try that.
Thank you!
Learn and get certified!