Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

No project indexes folder in view map? window schedule ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just looking at Eric Bobrow training video and he went to a folder which is supposed to be standard in AC17 called PROJECT INDEXES. It's not there in my view map?

Also, I did get the Window Marker_NCS 17 to show in my floor plan windows and I have used the custom text for each window to enter an ID, in my case I have lettered them sequentially A, B, C....P, but when I open the window full schedule (archicad_library) there is only one window in there and it's not even numbered right, it has a window #1 only.

I guess I could just create my own schedule 2d and text like I have always done and leave the symbols with the ID.

Don't understand why I can't get a schedule that has each window (A thru P)? Same thing with the doors, each door 1 through 23.

All with fields that can be used or not - Basic stuff:

width x height x (thk. for doors)
tempered glass Vs., not tempered
pre hung
Material
Type = elevation of each unit with dimensions
Fields for SHGC, U value, e value, etc.
A field for remarks
maybe door and window detail & sheet numbers

I did my own custom numbers on the door symbols because AC was just numbering all doors that were the same size with the same number.
Would it have given a door a different number if it had a different handel or color specified in the dialog box?
26 REPLIES 26
Eduardo Rolon
The Index is there in 17 if it is not showing you will need to get in touch with Eric so that he can explain how to reset the Work Environment.
At a minimum you might need to create a shortcut to the View Map from the navigator
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
These is how I have set up my schedules to show the Windows. The number goes in the ID field for each window and check your renovation status.
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 6.27.07 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Partial Result
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 6.29.48 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Jonathan wrote:

Also, I did get the Window Marker_NCS 17 to show...
Hi Jonathan,

Please keep your threads to a single topic... to make it easier for people to find in the future if they have the same question... and to make sure that you get an answer to each of your questions. 😉

Also - as this is a scheduling question - I've moved this thread to the Schedules forum.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Jonathan wrote:
JAlso, I did get the Window Marker_NCS 17 to show in my floor plan windows and I have used the custom text for each window to enter an ID, in my case I have lettered them sequentially A, B, C....P, but when I open the window full schedule (archicad_library) there is only one window in there and it's not even numbered right, it has a window #1 only.
You use the ID field for the Window itself to provide the ID (A, B, C...) so that the Window will be schedulable with that ID. Do NOT use a custom text in the marker (or window), as the marker is NOT what you schedule. So, the marker picks up the window ID and displays it... and the schedule schedules the Window ID. (You CAN schedule another field instead of the ID field... but its more work.) If all of your windows are not showing, it is an issue with the schedule criteria and/or the scheduled parameters.

All really easy stuff... but I can see from this and your other post that it is challenging without hands-on training as the Help files do not give the practical steps... only the definition of what each tool does. Eric's videos should cover this stuff.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where does this WS window schedule reside? Is it a library part?
Is it somehow linked to the doors and windows and their respective internal markers? I used the markers, but numbered each opening using the custom text, couldn't use the way they were because they made no sense, of course I did a select all doors and activated all markers at once. I'm hoping that there is some way to get a schedule for each of the A through P windows and each of the 1 through 23 doors I have numbered and lettered and numbered respectively

ejrolon wrote:
These is how I have set up my schedules to show the Windows. The number goes in the ID field for each window and check your renovation status.
Eduardo Rolon
JP, the Window Schedule resides under schedules in Navigator Map. Look at the first image I posted it is above indexes. The Markers are the Dimension Marker for the windows.
----
If it helps think of the schedules as MS Excel Tables that pull data from the objects that you choose in the settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Eduardo,

Here is a screen shot of my project map tree under schedules.
I tried opening many if not all of these and there didn't seem to be any relation to my numbering? In the screen shot you can see my first window is window A and all the fields are exactly like the one you provided.
I don't see anything in there called ES window schedule?

ejrolon wrote:
JP, the Window Schedule resides under schedules in Navigator Map. Look at the first image I posted it is above indexes. The Markers are the Dimension Marker for the windows.
----
If it helps think of the schedules as MS Excel Tables that pull data from the objects that you choose in the settings.

schedules .jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is another screen shot showing the id I entered, but karl was saying
(above) that you can't use a custom ID for some reason.
If this is true than how does one get the doors and windows to be numbered in a logical sequence in plan "each door and window needs to have a separate id and be in a logical direction around the plan.

Jonathan wrote:
Eduardo,

Here is a screen shot of my project map tree under schedules.
I tried opening many if not all of these and there didn't seem to be any relation to my numbering? In the screen shot you can see my first window is window A and all the fields are exactly like the one you provided.
I don't see anything in there called ES window schedule?

ejrolon wrote:
----
Learn and get certified!