BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

ON LINE OFF LINE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought that i left the project, now every time that i load that team work project everything says that I am off line, how do I get back on line to my server? i have gone to teamwork-open or join teamwork project selected the server but every time it opens I am offline. WHAT TO DO TO GET BACK ONLINE?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps restarting the BIM Server service on the server will fix the issue. It has worked for me in the past.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I just experienced this myself...

I have found that the TEAMWORK palette contains one of those trickly little GS arrows next to my status... When my status says OFFLINE... I open up the menu under that little arrow and change it to WORK OFFLINE then selecting the same thing again...AC will attempt to get you back ONLINE..

Trouble for me is ... every time I go back online, it stays online for ONLY 10 seconds and kicks me out...

Using BimServer Manager, I do not have the LOG OFF issues and can spend hours ONLINE there... (I guess I'm surmising it's not a firewall issue, but maybe I'm wrong - dammit Jim, I'm just a country architect!).

Anyone?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
Is this article related to the issue at all?

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerStopsRegularly
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This happens occasionally here too and it's usually when one of the BIM Server modules starts running with errors. Repair the server via the BIM Server Control Center on the BIM Server itself.

Users can generally reconnect via the flyout next to the online status in the teamwork palette. Just uncheck 'Work Offline'. Failing that, restarting ArchiCAD will generally always work as a last step.

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Turns out mine was a VPN issue...

Hooked in as a VPN Client, AC15 TW2 works fine... Otherwise, kicked me off every 10 sec.

Now, thought, with Cisco's VPN Client, I can access nothing else... No Mail, no internet (skype works tho)...

Remember when architecture used to be about buildings?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
vfrontiers wrote:
Turns out mine was a VPN issue...

Hooked in as a VPN Client, AC15 TW2 works fine... Otherwise, kicked me off every 10 sec.

Now, thought, with Cisco's VPN Client, I can access nothing else... No Mail, no internet (skype works tho)...

Remember when architecture used to be about buildings?
We're having problems that also seem to be related to the VPN. AC goes offline-online-offline etc. Sometimes it works fine though... This is causing lots of trouble and lost time when working outside the office. We don't have a solution yet but we're working on it.

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!