BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ONUMA keeps crashing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to import a BIMxml file from ONUMA into ARCHICAD. I received instructions from SEPS to BIM with pretty clear instructions. I've attached the PDF of instructions below. The issue is that when I actually try to import the file, even after following the set up instructions, Archicad crashes. It's happened in both Archicad 20 and 21. I sent a bug report but I'm looking to see if anyone else has experiences similar issues.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The PDF that you have attached clearly shows that this add-on is made for Archicad 19.
Maybe it is not compatible with 20 and 21.
Is there a new add-on available for those versions?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

The plug in instructions were downloaded from SEPS to BIM and were labeled "download plug-in for Archicad 20 windows" I thought at first I had downloaded the wrong plug in but have repeated the process and the instructions found within the Archicad 20 plug in download has instructions for Archicad 19.

I've had a coworker use this process in the past in Archicad 20 and it worked, he suggested I post this to the discussion board in the first place. Its strange that its worked in the past and wont now, unless there was an update that rendered it useless.

your continued suggestions are appreciated,

Alex
Karl Ottenstein
The way add-ons work is... that an add-on for one version of AC simply cannot work with another version. They have to be recompiled for each release. So, there is really nothing else any of us can do to help you. You need to contact Onuma.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!