BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

OSX c4d plugin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello brains trust,
Did anyone have ANY luck installing the c4d exchange plugin for AC10 under OSX?
I downloaded the update from www.maxon.net and followed the PDF istructions. ArchiCAD seems to simply ignore the new plugin.
It odesn't show in tha add-on manager, and can't be loaded manually.
I tried all sort of tricks, different loactions in the add-ons folder (there are other add-ons with similar file structure to the c4d one - spellcheck for example) and still nothing.
Please help, especially considering that I went to MAC because it has been rammed down my throat how "things just work"...

Yours in desperation,
greg
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello brains trust,
Did anyone have ANY luck installing the c4d exchange plugin for AC10 under OSX?
I downloaded the update from www.maxon.net and followed the PDF istructions. ArchiCAD seems to simply ignore the new plugin.
It odesn't show in tha add-on manager, and can't be loaded manually.
I tried all sort of tricks, different loactions in the add-ons folder (there are other add-ons with similar file structure to the c4d one - spellcheck for example) and still nothing.
Please help, especially considering that I went to MAC because it has been rammed down my throat how "things just work"...

Yours in desperation,
greg
Dwight
Newcomer
This might seem like a dumb question, but do you actually already own the plug-in?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
What exactly is your question?
Are you asking if I use pirated software?

greg
Dwight
Newcomer
Don't be offended.
This is a check of knowledge, not honesty.

I make the point that you do need to get the plug-in in order to make the update work.
Dwight Atkinson
Petros Ioannou
Contributor
Why are you cross-posting??

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not offended, maybe just misread your intent.
Yes i do have the previous version, which works perfectly with V9.
The only file in the previous version (on AC side) is a "Cinema4d" plugin file located in add-ons/import/export of V9 instalation.
The V10 plugin info says: "decompress the .sit file and copy what comes out to add-ons folder".
I did just that and nothing.
Thinking that it is an upgrade, I copied the V9 plugin to addons in V10, at which point the plugin appears in add-ons manager, but reports as outdated.
I tried to put the V10 plugin to add-ons/local/frameworks (where a similar in sturcture spellcheck lives, and still nothing).

TIA

Greg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you read ALL the forums?
Is cross-posting a don't do thing here? Besides i marked the post as a cross as a courtesy gesture to readers.
Can you help?

greg
TomWaltz
Participant
Gregse wrote:
Do you read ALL the forums?
Is cross-posting a don't do thing here? Besides i marked the post as a cross as a courtesy gesture to readers.
Can you help?

greg
Big no-no. You might want to read the Etiquette page before you post. Most of us do real all the forums, usually via a Newsreader that just shows new posts.

While it's true that Mac things usually do "just work", that usually applies to things you buy from Apple. That does not mean Maxon, Graphisoft, or other software manufacturers all figured out how to write plug-ins to work in each other's software. That does not change on any platform 😞

I just tried to ins tall it, and it worked fine. All you need to do on the Archicad end is drag the ArchiCad.bundle (Intel) or C4DExporter (PPC) file into your Archicad Add-ons directory. Was that what you did to install it?

How is it not working? Does AC4D not show up in the "Save As" options?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Greg,

Sorry I have not had the chance to try my upgrade so I can't help. Does the plug-in icon display in the finder?

I will copy post and forward it to anyone I know at Maxon.
Learn and get certified!